WALK-UP REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT ALL REGIONAL TRYOUTS
Date: June 12-13, 2023
Check In – 3:30PM
Face-Off/Goalies will start at – 4:30PM
Tryout: 5:00PM – 8:30PM
Location: Central Park (Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ)
Includes: DE, NJ
Highlight: Bill Tharp
Burn: Byron Collins, Bryan Armstrong
Command: Ric Beardsley, Frankie Feaster
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
Date: July 2023
Includes: DE, NJ
Highlight: John Mortimer
The 2023 Tournament features three divisions in each region- the Command Division (2026 & 2027), the Burn Division (2025) and Highlight Division (2024). Each division will compete within itself at the tryouts and main event.
The regional teams are selected via tryouts during the summer. Once selected, the Underclass teams will travel to Baltimore, MD and compete in the All America Underclass Tournament. Each team will battle it out in a pool play tournament during the Main Event Weekend to be crowned the Nations’ Elite.
College Coaches from DI, DII & DIII lacrosse programs will be invited to attend both the regional tryouts as well as the games in Baltimore. Participants who play in the Underclass Tournament will have the inside track to being exposed to the selection committee of the All-America team which they will be eligible for once they are seniors. All participants will receive an event t-shirt and tryout pinnie at check-in. Players that make the final rosters will receive a custom All-America event gear package and a ticket to the All-America Senior Games.
* Please note, First Scout will be the only video company allowed on-site.
VIDEO REFUND POLICY: We have a strict “no-refund policy” for tryout video packages (Game and/or Highlight) with the only exception being for a player who is injured and cannot fully participate in the tryout.
1. Doctor’s note and confirmation receipt of registration required for refund.
2. Request must be mailed along with doctor’s note and receipt of registration to: First Scout Productions, Attn: All-America Video Package Refund, 30 Riverside Dr. Greenland, NH 03801.
3. Email or phone requests will not be accepted
4. Refunds will be processed in 30 days (or less) post event.
5. Any refund request received 7 days after their respective tryout will not be honored.
6. Refunds will be processed less a $10.00 processing fee.
7. First Scout will film all regularly scheduled, full field games at the tryout and does not guarantee filming of half field breakout games, skills sessions or drills.
Boys and girls who, in July 2023, will have just completed their 8th grade (grad. year 2027), freshmen (grad. year 2026), sophomore (grad year 2025) or junior (grad year 2024) high school season.
Each tryout will be split into the Command (2026 and 2027), Burn (2025) and Highlight (2024 and 2025) divisions
Tryouts are open to any players, no recommendation is needed.
TRYOUT REFUND POLICY: We have a strict “no-refund policy” for all of the tryouts. The only exception is for a rising Sr. player who is injured and cannot fully participate in the tryout / tournament.
Injured Rising Sr. Process for redeeming refund will be as follows:
1) Request with Doctor’s note (notes will be verified) and confirmation receipt of registration must be mailed to: Corrigan Sports Enterprises, Attn: All America Lacrosse Refund, 6725 Santa Barbara Ct Ste 114 Elkridge MD 21075
2) Email requests will not be accepted
3) Refunds will be processed in 60 days (or less) post event
4) Any refund request received 5 days after their respective tryout will not be honored
5) Refunds will be processed less a $20.00 processing fee
All Injured Underclass players (Rising Jr, Soph or Freshman) registrations will be deferred to the 2024 Tryouts
Injured Underclassman Process for deferrals will be as follows:
1) Request must be mailed along with doctor’s note (Will be verified) and receipt of registration to: Corrigan Sports Enterprises, Attn: All America Lacrosse Deferral, 6725 Santa Barbara Ct Ste 114 Elkridge MD 21075
2) Email requests will not be accepted
3) Deferral process will be processed in 60 days (or less) post event and you will be automatically signed up for the 2024 Tryouts in the same region and the appropriate division
4) Any deferral request received 5 days after their respective tryout will not be honored
Refunds on double registrations will be refunded less a $20.00 processing fee
Players will be judged by a panel of evaluates including coaching experts from that region. Each team will consist of a maximum of 23 players and will be chosen based on position and their performance at that day’s tryout. Teams will be announced 72 hours after the tryout.
In an effort to continue the highly successful concept of the All-America Underclass Tournament and Tryouts we have created a set of guidelines and procedures that will help foster an environment of inclusion and fairness for all players. The tryout is intended to select the top 23 players regardless of what school, state, or club team affiliation.
- Players are randomly assigned jersey numbers and teams for the tryout
- Teams will rotate equally through all the fields
- Each team will be assigned an evaluator to coach a particular team. Along with the floating evaluators, all players will be evaluated based on certain criteria.
- Each evaluator will be provided an evaluation sheet that consists of tryout numbers and position ONLY. No player data will be expressed on the evaluator sheets.
- At the end of the first session or night, all evaluators and coaches will meet and establish a ‘watch list’ of the top 50-75 players depending on the total number of participants
- No player is locked in to the ‘watch list’ and can be bumped in or out depending on their performance at the second session/night.
- Towards the end of the tryout the final top 50/75 will be posted or called out. At that time a final top 50/75 game(s) will be played
- At the end of the tryout all evaluators will meet to discuss all players and select the final 23 players.
- A Corrigan Sports representative will lead the discussion and put players ‘on the board’
- No coach (high school or club) may mention one of their own players
- Players will be evaluated on their performance at the tryout
- The final 23 player roster must have two (2) goalies, but can be comprised of any other combination of Attack, Midfield, and Defense. (ex/ 6 Att, 8 Mid, 6 Def)
- Once the final roster is selected the 2022 Spotlight players will be selected
- The final roster will be posted within 72 hours of the team being selected, and invitation emails will be sent out.
- Players selected to the 23 player roster must have registered and checked in on the first day of the tryout. No exceptions.
If you wish to tryout for multiple regions, you may, but you can only have a spot on one region.
*These are recommended locations. The athlete has the choice to tryout for any region, which is most convenient for their schedule. For instance – If you go to school in a different State then your hometown, you may tryout in either location. However, whatever region you tryout for, is the Region you will represent if you make the team.
|Region||States, Areas, Provinces|
|CONNY||Eastern NY, CT|
|Long Island||Long Island, NY|
|Midwest||IA, IL, IN, KY, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, OK, SD,WI, WV|
|New England||MA, ME, NH, RI, VT|
|New Jersey||NJ, DE|
|South||AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN|
|Southwest||AZ, AR, CO, NM, OK, TX, UT|
|Upstate New York||NY (except Long Island)|
|Washington, D.C.||D.C., MD, VA|
|West||AK, CA, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, WA, WY|